with playing Bid Whist for Windows
- Play your cards by either left mouse clicking and dragging to your card display or right mouse clicking the card you desire to play.
- Press for help or use the
- The player winning the bid is indicated on the right top of the main screen under
Current Bid .
- There is no set limit of sets or games to play. Typically, with Bid Whist for Windows, most play the best out of 10 sets. Sets and games are indicated on the left top of the main screen under
Current Score .
- You set the display speed via the
isplay Delay menus.
- To understand the game of Bid Whist, check the
elp and How to Play Bid Whist menus.
- You can turn the sound on or off via the
- You can set the player names via the
itles... menus. You and your partner titles will be in green and your opponents will be in red.
- You can set the style of play via the
ptions and Bid
hist Style of Play menu items. Standard or Rise and Fly is available.
eal button is used to start a new game and discard the current game.
ndo button is used to take back a play and replay it.
int button is used to request a recommendation from Bid Whist for Windows of what to play or how to select from the Kitty.
- You can see what was played and who won during a hand via the
istory of Current Game menus. The blinking of the player's icon indicates the winner of each play.
- You can get statistics via the
layer Statistics menus.
- When a bid has been lost, you can finish the hand prematurely via the
id Already Lost - Start Next Game or press the key.
- The Card Backs can be set via the
ard Deck Selection menus. Default is set to random.
- The Card Faces can be set via the
ptions and Card
ace Selection menus.
- If you second-guess your Bid selection, you may test what would have happened via the
itty Test of Player's Hands menus.
- If you accidentally passed on a Bid that you wanted to take, you may either select the
reate Customized Game menus, using the Current Game, or save the game and open the game via the
ave Game and
pen and Delete Games... menus. Also, you may use the
eplay button, at the end of a game, to make a different bid or play differently.
- You can test your skills at playing a bid via the
llow User to Always Get the Bid menu items.
- You can move dialog screens via Ctrl and Arrow key combinations
The Arrow keys are move Left, move Right, move Down and move Up.
- These are Bid Whist for Windows shortcut keys
The shortcut keys are Minimize, Help, Close and Open Configuration Directory.
- If you encounter logic problems, please save that game via the
ave Game menus. Then send us your "Bidwhist.INI" file. Please indicate the name of the game that was saved and an explanation of the problem. The folder location of "Bidwhist.INI" can be obtained by pressing the key from either the Main or the Save Game windows. Follow the instructions as specified.